Friday, February 20, 2009

More Ramblings

Some days it is easy to trust God. Some days you have to choose to trust God. I find that it's not always easy believing that God knows best. To be honest, I have questioned God to make sure that He knows what He is doing. Of course He does. But in my humaness, I find it easy to forget that God knows what is best.

I find though on the days that I have to choose to trust God. I have learned many lessons, including God always comes through just when we need Him. Not in our time, but His.

I find that the poem "FootPrints" is true. Many times I have heard that poem and thought of it as a nice cliche. Now that I'm growing older I realize just how true it is. God is always there for me. He wants me to make it to Heaven even more than I want to make it to Heaven. For goodness sake, He sent His one and only Son to die on an old rugged cross for MY sins. He didn't have to do this, but because He wanted a relationship with me He chose to do it.

I find that when I choose to trust. I am gently reminded that God is in control. He doesn't need me to carry out His plan. Yes, sometimes He chooses to work through me, but not always. Sometimes, the only thing that I can do is pray and trust God to work out the situation.

I am also reminded that I am to far to turn back now. I'm realizing that the beginning of eternity is just around the corner and this is not the time to be playing games with God. It is the time to draw closer to God and be everything that He wants me to be. He will never ask me to do anything that He won't give me the grace and the strength to do.

No comments: