Wednesday, May 13, 2009


Why is it some does not having you around doesn't bother me
But other days I long for you to be around
So that I can sit on your knees again 
And tell you about my life
Then hear you tell me I'm proud of you girl
Stand strong
God will help you

Papaw, I miss you and wish you were around. But I know that you are where you lived your life to go. You are probably sitting at the feet of Jesus thanking Him for all He did for you.

I love you Papaw and one day will sneak up behind you and take your wallet again :)

2 comments:

urhis said...

This is one man after God's own heart who lived what he believed. I miss you too Uncle Alfred and yes Melissa he will is looking from above cheering you on. The Comfortor is there when we need Him.

Appalachian Woman said...

Melissa I always liked your grandpa so much! Both he and your grandma are so special.
Did I ever tell you that the 1st time i went to church where he was i freaked - because he looked so much like my grandpa!?