Tuesday, November 18, 2008

God is Good!!

Last night I was involved in car accident. I was heading back to college from my parents house. I hit a patch of black ice and immediately started fish tailing. I tried to correct it, but my car just started to fish tail the other way. I ended up hitting the curb. I braced myself to hit the guard rail, but the officers said I ended up doing up something like this





Except I didn't do it as graceful. I landed rather hard and finally came to a complete stop. I started to get out of the car and a lady came down the hill asking if I was okay. I said I was okay, but I couldn't find my cell phone, so I asked to borrow hers. She didn't have one and I found mine in the door pocket. I called 911, but people had already beat me to the punch. I had police officers, ambulances, and fire trucks all around me. I was asked if I wanted to go to the hospital, but I couldn't decide because I was still in shock. So they ushered me into the ambulance, I called my mother who told me to go get checked out. I was put on a backboard (they need to make those things a little more comfortable) and I received the wonderful reward of a neck brace (those things could use a little work too). I then was off to the hospital that I had just passed five minutes before this grand event. Soon after I was evaluated in the ER, they decided to take me off of the back board, but the neck brace had to stay on until I had x-rays taken. The police officer came into my room and told me that four more accidents had happened at the same place after I had had mine. After everyone had left, I started to become bored and started to place calls to the people that needed to know what was going on. A man then came into my room to take me to the x-ray room (otherwise known as Antarctica). I think they took like ten x-rays and then rolled me back to my room (they need to put pictures on the ceiling, because the roll was rather boring looking up at the ceiling) Anyway, after the x-rays I started to get really bored and my brother-in-law asked for a picture of me in the neck brace, so this is my mug shot of boredom

Finally, they came in took the neck brace off and got the tape out of my hair that held the nifty little pads in place and offered me some food. This food lived up to the typical stereotype of hospital food and so I only ate some of it. Finally they said I could leave and my parents arrived to pick me up.

Today, we went to look at the car. It doesn't look so bad, but we will have to wait for the shop to check it out tomorrow. I also go for a follow-up appointment at my family doctor tomorrow to see what is up with all the soreness that is going on in my neck and back and what they want to do about it.

Lessons I have learned from this accident

  1. Be ready to enter into eternity at a moments notice
  2. God is my protector
  3. Live each moment like it is your last
  4. If you think that you will regret not doing something, do it. Don't put it off
  5. God has a bigger plan than what my human eyes can see.

Love ya all and thanks to everyone that kept me company via my cell phone in the ER last night. Thanks to the ambulance workers and the nurses who took care of me. Thanks Dad, Mom, and Uncle Terry for braving the roads to come get me. Thanks John, Monica, and Janae for providing everyone a place to stay last night.

5 comments:

John Myers said...

I want everyone to know that it was me that she was sticking her toungue out at in that second pic. Either that, or she got a fat lip from the wreck. :)

Jessica Lynn said...

i love you...that picture is just silly. you will never know how happy i am that you are okay. i can't wait to see you and hug you (i promise i will be gentle since you are hurting)

urhis said...

We are so thankful you were able to go home so quickly. I'm sure you are extremely sore. Thank the Lord for His protection. I'm glad you are not in a "Halo" like we heard. Rumors do get around. Take it easy. We love you.

Sarah said...

We are thankful that nothing more serious happened. We continue to pray for your healing. Love ya!

Hannah said...

I am so sorry to hear about the accident. I feel really bad for you. I just hope and pray that everything turns out ok. Put me post. Love and Prayers