Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What About Today?

I have said many times to myself "I will start eating healthy and exercising tomorrow" or "I can wait and do that homework assignment until tomorrow". As I sit here writing this, I'm asking myself, if I treat God and my relationship with Him this way. Do I put off my devotions if I get too busy thinking that I can catch up the next day. God is showing me how important it is not to do this. Yes, He can communicate with us even when we are not in our devotional "closet", but I wonder how many times we have missed His voice, because we are not practicing on a daily basis to listen to His voice. God wants to hear us cry out to Him and make our request know to him.

Do I walk by a hurting person and think that they will still be around to minister to tomorrow? Do I miss opportunities to tell people about Jesus just because I'm to busy? As a Christian, I'm commanded to reach out to the hurting. to show them the love of Christ. I'm realizing that my busy schedule being completed won't give me the satisfaction and joy that leading a lost soul to Christ.

As I look at the storm, I'm face today, I think do I have enough faith to trust God to bring me through. It's easy looking back on previous storms and see how God has moved. But as I go through another of life's tunnel where it is dark and hard to see God's hand, do I trust God to do what He promised He would do? He said that He would never leave me or forsake me. He said that He would carry me when I couldn't walk. So why is it so easy for me to take the situation out of God's hand, saying by my actions "God, I will trust you tomorrow".

Today is the day to live in, for we have this moment. God didn't promise us tomorrow. We say we need to have a spiritual revival in America, but it's not going to happen if we keep pushing our spiritual concerns to the back burner. As Christian, we need to stop playing around the edge of the waters, and plunge into the deep today. Because this is the moment that counts.

1 comment:

urhis said...

How VERY true. Take Care & Happy Thanksgiving.
Love you,
Aunt & Uncle